How’s your weekend so far? cold cloudy weather , it’s like winter all over again
Well guess a chicken curry is just perfect in this weather, hot and spicy and a favorite for my eldest son.
As for an option for my hubby who doesn’t like curry at all I made some fried mloukhieh , meaning cooked with some onions ,garlic and minced meat with olive oil, salt and pepper. No broth at all and eaten with bread , don’t know why they call it Bourani Mloukhieh.
Cold rainy day with expected snow this evening, since I have leftovers and only made lentil soup to go along with weather conditions I made this new healthy recipe.
Fig Newtons are traditional Italian cookies made from dried figs, they’re a very good source of fibers and nutrients specially during Winter times.
Ingredients and method :
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1/4 cup sugar.
* 1 egg.
* 1 tablespoon orange zest.
* 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 tablespoon cold water.
* pinch of salt.
* 1 cup dried figs chopped to medium sized chunks.
* 1 cup water.
* 1 cup apple or orange juice.
* 1/2 cup crushed walnuts.
* mix and knead dough ingredients till you get a firm soft ball.
* keep wrapped with nylon in the fridge.
* meanwhile boil figs with water and juice then leave to simmer for one hour, figs will sticky and tender.
* may figs till they’re like a paste then add walnuts.
* cool completely.
* on a floured surface roll dough then cut into similar shaped rectangles.
* fill each piece with the filling then close it all over.
* cut to small pieces then line all cookies on a floured pan.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 20-25 minutes or till golden from sides.
Sorry for the delay but it was such a busy day,we even had lunch which was Moussaka very late.
Today’s order was for my cousin and neighbor,quesadillas and cinnabon rolls. Doing them for the first time and recipe from the net with some alterations specially in the glaze ingredients cause it contained too much sugar.
Extra dough turned into orange buttons, simple knots with marmalade on top, these were amazing.
# 4 tablespoons butter.
# 1/4 cup brown sugar.
# 1/4 cup sugar.
# 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
# 1/4 cup walnuts.
# 4 pieces Kiri cheese.
# 1/4 cup icing sugar(سكر ناعم)
# 1 pack cream ( علبه قشطه)
* use half of the milk quantity, dissolve in it yeast and sugar.
* beat egg, butter and rest of milk.
* add yeast milk sugar mixture after it froths and beat all together.
* gradually add flour and a pinch of salt till you get a soft dough.
* leave it covered in a warm place to rise.
* prepare the filling, mix all ingredients together.
* when dough rises roll it to a big rectangular shape spreading flour under and over it to prevent sticking.
*spread filling then roll it.
* cut to 2 inches pieces, turn around and flatten them a bit.
* arrange rolls in a greased pan then bake in a medium heated oven for 20-30 minutes or till golden from sides.
* mix glaze ingredients and beat well till creamy then add on top of rolls while still hot.