Eventful Friday ,started with boiled eggs for breakfast then followed by a nice coffee at a lovely aunt’s house.Of course coffee wasn’t alone,she made some pastries and a delicious lemon cake.I made her a nice Cherry Cake as a gift :).
Afternoon my dear uncles came by for a cup of tea, such a short notice visit,couldn’t think of anything to serve,After looking through my fridge and pantry for something quick to do, best thing I could manage was some cheese rolls and olives, nuts,chocolate and marshmallows plus I found a pack of puff pastry in the freezer so I thought these would do as dessert, stuffed in cream and topped with syrup and pistachios.
Visit was really pleasant and joyful as always <3
Ingredients and method:
* 1 pack squared puff pastry.
* Cream filling:
* 1 cup powdered milk.
* 1 cup water.
* 1 tsp butter.
* 2 big tablespoons flour.
* 2 tablespoons cream.
* Mix all ingredients except cream very well then boil till sauce is thick.
* add cream and whisk well till all is homogeneous.leave to cool.
* spread each square of pastry a bit,add one tsp of filling then fold to make a triangle.
* press sides with a fork to close well.
* bake in a medium heated oven till puffed and golden.
* make some sugar syrup (2 cups sugar with one cup water and few drops lemon juice)
* pour syrup over triangle while hot,decorate with crushed pistachios.