Nice weather this morning,best thing the sun is up at least for the next couple of days.
Lunch today was Ouzi in pastry or in other words cooked rice with meat,peas and carrots all wrapped in puff pastry. Some people use plain phyllo pastry or make a dough from scratch, simple one with no yeast. Personally I use puff pastry cause you don’t need any kind of butter or ghee and it puffs and becomes crunchy and tasty plus very easy to use.
I also baked a marble cake and took it to my cousin this morning to visit her in her new house, this time I poured a small amount of white batter then added a another of cocoa subsequently till both mixtures are done, it was really fluffy and great with minted tea <3
Cake in Paris tray as my cousin’s son says.
Last Wednesday we were invited at my uncle’s house on the occasion of his son’s graduation from university. As usual my auntie made lots of yummy food,table was various and full of many kinds of both finger food and desserts.
I made for her the old fashioned lazy cake,this might be the oldest and first dessert a girl might start doing in her teens,cause it’s easy and quick to do,that’s why I think it’s called lazy cause any lazy person can do it without much effort
This old recipe of mine contains eggs,but cooked not raw, you can find many modified or other ones without it,but this one is a sure success every time and unbelievably tasty.
Ingredients and method:
* 3-4 packs plain biscuits.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 3/4 cup cocoa powder.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 3 eggs.
* crush biscuits to medium size pieces.
* mix butter,sugar,cocoa,vanilla and eggs very well and heat till all combined to a smooth thick mixture.
* add over biscuits then pour into a mold of your choice.
* decorate with melted chocolate or cocoa powder.
I have a confession to make, I made a marble cake the other day and realized after I’m done that I forgot to add baking powder …tried to fix the problem but result was disastrous so I made another one today.
It’s simple basic cake but you divide the batter to three parts then add cocoa powder to one them.
In a greased pan add one white portion then cocoa portion then last basic one. Swirl them with a knife and bake till done.
Hello again everybody.
Last night my dear friend living in USA asked us if we can go visit her mom here in Amman on the occasion of her birthday,,, a request I can’t but to do willingly and with big big love…cause Auntie Georgette is the sweetest most lovable person in the world..and all of us would do anything to make her happy.
Chocolate cake recipies are various..I think one of the most searched and favored all over the world. This is my first and most successful ever , I even remember took it from my English teacher in 9’th grade,, though I tried many other recipies but I always go back to this one.
Ingredients and method;
* 3 eggs.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar or 1/2 brown and 1 regular white.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 3/4 cup yoghurt.
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 3 tsp baking powder.
* 1 1/2-2 cups flour.
* Beat eggs with vanilla till frothy.
* add all other ingredients gradually.
* add 1 1/2 cups flour then if the batter is too thin add the other half.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-35 minutes or till dry when checked with toothpick or knife.
* 3 big spoons sugar.
* 3 big spoons powder milk.
* 4 big spoons cocoa.
* 1 big spoon cornflour or starch.
* 1 big spoon butter.
* 1/2 cup water.
* you can add some chocolate of any kind you like (optional).
* stir very well over a water bath then cover cake with it.
Hope you bake one and enjoy as much as we did..love you Um Nadim.♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥.