Last night as I was about to turn off the TV the Italian chef Lidea caught my attention making this recipe, rice pudding but with a twist, she added apples and raisins which really looked yummy and rich. Actually I think anything with cinnamon is delicious.
Well today I decided to implement it right away, a nice dessert for my hubby cause he’s on diet, I used skimmed milk, sativa sugar and only a small spoon of butter and cornstarch instead of egg yolks.
Ingredients and method :
* 4 cups milk.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* 3 tablespoons cornflour.
*1/4 cup rice.
* 2 large peeled sliced apples.
* 1/2 cup raisins.
* 1 tsp butter.
* heat 3 cups of milk till warm.
* in the remaining cup dissolve cornflour and sugar well.
* boil rice for 10-15 minutes,drain and cool.
* add rice and cornflour sugar mixture to boiled milk.
*stir well and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
* in a deep baking dish, spread butter then add apples,raisins and cinnamon.
* pour rice milk mixture on top then into a minimum heated oven for 20-30 minutes or till volume reduces.
* serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh cream.