A member in my group posted a video of how to make monkey bread last night and many were asking for recipe.By chance I was planning to do this monkey bread with a twist recipe since last week,even have all ingredients ready but didn’t have the time to do it.
To be honest original recipe contains too much sugar so I didn’t add the exact amount written and added some ingredients to add up the flavor.Monkey bread is a very nice dessert to do in wintry cold days, resembles a lot the taste of cinnamon rolls bit easier to do, you can find many different recipes,basic one is very simple then you can add any flavors or nuts or marshmallows and chocolate depending on how you prefer it.
Lunch today was Spaghetti with chicken cream and pesto.
Ingredients and method:
For the dough:
* 2 1/2 cups flour.
* 1 cup crushed digestive biscuits.
* 1/3 cup warm water.
* 1/3 cup brown sugar.
* 1 tsp instant yeast.
* 2 eggs.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/3 cup warm milk.
* 1 tsp baking powder,pinch of salt.
For the sauce:
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/3 cup sugar.
* 1 pack cream.
* 1 tsp cinnamon.
* 1 cup mini marshmallows.
For the assembly:
* 1 cup crushed digestives.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* chocolate chips and marshmallows.
* Make the dough by first whisking the water with yeast and sugar and leave it till it foams.
* beat eggs with butter and milk.
* add all to flour and biscuits mixed with baking powder and salt.
* knead well till you form a firm dough,leave covered in a warm place till it rises ( 1 hour)
* make the sauce by mixing all ingredients except marshmallows till syrup boils then add them and mix well.
* make equal sized balls from the dough and leave to rise again.
* cover balls with crushed biscuits and butter.
* in a round oven pan spread some biscuits in the bottom,pour some of the sauce then line the balls all over.
* sprinkle some chocolate and marshmallows.
* add another round of balls and repeat filling.
* add the rest of the sauce all over.
* cover and leave to rise and doubles in size.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes.
* leave to cool a bit then flip over.
* Note 1: I made a butter,cinnamon,brown sugar sauce and drizzled it on top cause it looked a bit dry.
* Note 2: basic monkey bread is done the same way but without digestive and marshmallows only cinnamon and butter.
*Note 3: key word for a successful monkey bread is letting dough rise well and leave it to rest after each handling.
ENJOY really yummy.