Invited to a breakfast gathering this morning,so I thought a small gift box filled cookies would be great. Any homemade food made with love even if simple and small would mean a lot.
I prepared dough for both chocolate and red velvet crinkles yesterday and baked them this morning.
Red velvet ones are first timers but I did the chocolate ones before, always a success.
Ingredients and method of red velvet crinkles :
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1 1/2 cups suger.
* 1 pack cream cheese.
* 2 eggs.
* 3/4 cup cocoa.
* 2 1/4 cups flour.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
* pinch of salt.
* 1 tsp red food coloring.
* 1 cup caster sugar.
* beat butter and sugar well till creamy then add cream cheese and whisk well.
* add eggs and vanilla.
* whisk in flour, cocoa and baking powder.
* cool dough in fridge for 4 hours.
* make small balls and cover with caster sugar then arrange all on cookie backing sheet.
* press each ball a bit so as cookies are crinkled.
* heat the oven well then decrease temperature till medium and bake for 10-13 minutes exactly.
* leave to cool well then store in a well closed jar so as not to dry.
Very easy and good looking though I prefer chocolate, taste is more rich.
Here is a reminder of the chocolate crinckles recipe
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil.
* 3/4 cup cocoa
* 1 cup sugar.
* 4 eggs.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 cups flour.
* 1 cup confectionery sugar.
* Beat oil,cocoa and sugar well then add eggs one at a time.
* add vanilla ,baking powder and flour and mix well till you get a stiff dough.
* refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
* form into balls then roll each in the fine sugar .
* line in a greased pan or use wax paper or silicon sheets.
* flatten a bit with a fork then bake for 8-10 minutes in a medium heated oven.
* cool down then store in a cookie jar or closed tin so as not to harden.