Very busy eventful week,orders dinners and birthdays.
Last night I had guests at dinner, tried to make it a restaurant style one , served salad which was Greek with capers and feta cheese then pasta, penne and ravioli, then main course, grilled veal with mushroom sauce, baked potatoes and veggies and one portion of grilled salmon with garlic dill and olive oil.Desert was teramisu.
grilled salmon with dill,lemon,ginger and garlic.
grand finale was a perfect teramisu cup.
here’s the ingredients and method of ravioli:
* 2 cups flour.
* 1/2 tsp salt.
* 3 eggs.
* on a clean surface or in a bowl mix flour and salt then make a well in the middle and crack eggs in it.
* start whisking eggs into flour with a fork gradually.
* continue working with your hands or in a food processor till you get a firm dough.
* cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30-50 minutes.
* divide to 4 pieces then roll to a rectangular thin layer.
* make stuffing of your choice, cheese,spinach with cheese,meat .
*add one teaspoonful of stuffing in a line , cover with another rolled dough, add egg wash on sides then cut into squares using a cutter or roller knife.
* keep dusting with flour so as pieces won’t stick to pan.
* cook in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes only.
* cook in cream with basil and garlic or tomato pasta sauce as you wish.
I can humbly say it was an excellent meal and everybody had a great time.
Today’s morning orders were za’tar puffs, falafel rolls and two Daisies chocolate cakes.