My son ate this dish at his friend’s house last week and been nagging on me to do it, took the recipe from my friend which is originally Chef Deema Hijjawi’s recipe done on Roya TV.
Easy delicious dish,type that kids love cause it doesn’t need rolling or any effort,just slice and dig in. I also made some spring rolls , sheets are ready but I made the stuffing and sauce, so fresh and crunchy, I’ll post recipe later on .
Ingredients and method of Fajita laof:
- shredded chicken breasts ( used 4 today)
- 1 thinly sliced onion.
- 1 cup shredded sweet colored peppers.
- salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and crushed chili.
- fajita spices.
- 1 loaf of toast bread .
- 1/2 cup Kraft or Puck cream cheese.
- 2 cups cheddar cheese ( white and yellow)
- 1/2 cup cream.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Saute chicken in a heated skillet till done.
- remove from pan then add oil, saute onions,peppers .
- add chicken pieces.
- add salt,pepper,cumin,coriander , chili and fajita spices and mix all well.
- turn off heat then add cream cheese.
- remove bread crust,line up in a greased oven pan.
- add chicken vegetable mix then cover with another layer of bread.
- sprinkle cheese on top.
- add cream all around sides of pan so then bread won’t be dry
- bake the loaf in a medium heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- you can decorate with chopped spring onions and coriander.