Waited till now to write my post so as not to ruin the surprise, I baked a beautiful birthday cake for my lovely cousin requested by her sweet sister-in-law,I also made an Apple Pecan Pie as a gift from me. Happy Birthday dear doc and Happy New Year to you and all your family, love you all.
As for our new year’s eve, we had a small special candle lit dinner at home , very early so as not to eat heavy late at night then ended it with our usual coffee with chocolates, typical family celebration, we’ll watch T.V for the rest of the night.
Dinner was steaks with sauteed veggies, cheese pastries, mixed green salad with lentils pomegranate and feta cheese and a new dish which was extremely delicious “Italian Mushroom Risotto” got these dried mushrooms from my cousin living in Rome, soaked them in water then sauteed them with onions and butter then cooked the rice with mushroom soaking water, really yummy yummy.
Ingredients and method of Apple Pecan Pie:
* pie crust.( same as apple pie)
* 3 big peeled chopped apples.
* 3/4 cup chopped pecans.
* 1/2 cup sugar ( brown or regular)
* 1 tablespoon starch.
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
* 1 tablespoon butter.
For the crumble:
* 1/2 cup finely chopped pecan.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 3/4 cup flour.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* spread pie crust in special pie pan.
* mix filling ingredients together and add on crust.
* mix crumble ingredients in food processor till crumbly .
* add on top of pie filling.
* bake in a medium heated oven till golden from sides. (30-40 minutes)
Enjoy your night everybody and wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR <3 <3 <3
By the way Italians believe that eating pomegranate and lentils at new year’s eve is a good omen,the more you can eat the more money you get, so we’ll see what will happen next year !