I actually decided what to cook only late this afternoon,had no clue at all and nobody as usual gave me any option.
Well only my freezer and pantry are the ones that can decide and final dish was pesto pasta and chicken Picatta with a buttery lemony sauce. Easy quick meal with a small Caprese Salad on the side.
Ingredients and method of chicken and sauce :
* Small pieces of chicken breasts.
* salt,pepper, Italian herbs if available.
* some flour.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 1 small finely chopped onion.
* 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
* 2 tablespoons capers.
* juice of one lemon.
* season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and herbs.
* coat with flour then freeze for 30 minutes.
* meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in hot butter then add capers and lemon juice.
* fry or bake chicken as you prefer, you can grill them as well.
Ingredients and method :
# 4 pieces of veal steaks cut to squares.
#1 tablespoon flour.
# 1 green onion.
# broccoli florettes.
# sweet and sour sauce:
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
* 1 tablespoon honey.
* 1 tablespoon vinegar
* 1 tablespoon corn starch.
* 1 tsp chili powder.
* 1 tsp fresh ginger.
* 3/4 cup water.
#some sesame seeds.
# coat veal with flour very well then stir fry in some hot sesame or vegetable oil.
# when golden and crisp add chopped onion and broccoli and stir well till all crispy.
# add the sauce which is a mix of all ingredients.
#leave to simmer for 5 min then sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Long full day, lots of things to do and places to go, end was a sudden visit from my mother in-law’s cousins, and lovely group but a shame I don’t have any dessert or cakes,but we really had a great time.
Lunch today was a variety of many delicious dishes:
* Asparagus soup.
* Pineapple roca salad with dried cranberries, walnuts and a lemon, oil, salt balsamic vinaigrette.
* Cute Caprese salad.
* Green fava beans with garlic and coriander.