Thought I’d do some fresh bagels today,still have a pack of smoked salmon so a well combined rich bagel would be a lovely lunch for sure.
Did the same recipe as before, though today dough was so sticky so I added some more flour for easier handling.
Filled some with salmon, avocado, cream cheese, dill and capers and others with cheese,tomatoes and rocca.
I actually decided what to cook only late this afternoon,had no clue at all and nobody as usual gave me any option.
Well only my freezer and pantry are the ones that can decide and final dish was pesto pasta and chicken Picatta with a buttery lemony sauce. Easy quick meal with a small Caprese Salad on the side.
Ingredients and method of chicken and sauce :
* Small pieces of chicken breasts.
* salt,pepper, Italian herbs if available.
* some flour.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 1 small finely chopped onion.
* 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
* 2 tablespoons capers.
* juice of one lemon.
* season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and herbs.
* coat with flour then freeze for 30 minutes.
* meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in hot butter then add capers and lemon juice.
* fry or bake chicken as you prefer, you can grill them as well.
* serve with pasta or veggies.
A quick satisfying lunch in a busy day Chicken Ceazar salad, fresh and healthy cause of the little amount of mayonnaise cause I use thick yogurt with it.
For the dressing :
A juice of half a lemon.
1 small teaspoon mustard.
2 big spoons mayonnaise. 2 big spoons yoghurt ( a trick so as not to use too much mayonnaise).
Salt.pepper.dried oregano…and a small cup olive oil.
A useful way to get a thick creamy dressing is to put all ingredients in a tightly closed jar and shake it very well….very easy.
fulfilling easy salad.