Mom had guests this morning,did spinach tabouleh for her with other yummies as well,so I cooked cannelloni before I left since I already have cooked minced meat and chopped spinach so I fixed it quickly and left.
Yesterday my cousin posted this dish on banancooking page,spinach with cream,mushroom and cheese,decided to try it also, unfortunately I made a nice video of the recipe and way of cooking then deleted it by mistake will repeat it soon for sure.
Ingredients and method:
* fresh mushrooms.
* bunch of chopped spinach.
* fresh cream.
* any kind of cheese,cheddar,mozzarella or kashkaval.
* salt,pepper and pinch of nutmeg.
* saute mushrooms in a bit of butter till tender.
* add spinach ,salt,pepper and nutmeg.
* add cream and leave to simmer 10 minutes.
* put them in a pottery pan or deep oven pan add cheese then bake for 10 minutes.
Really yummy either as dip or appetizer or with garlic bread.
Fifth of Ramadan today,thank God weather is much cooler now.
Today I made cannelloni stuffed with white sauce,minced meat and spinach with tomato sauce of top. I also made cooked fava beans (فول مدمس),spinach salad with some cooked quinoi seeds and cheesy loaf ( Maysoon’s loaf) .
Today I’m making cannelloni the way a friend on fb cooks it, I usually stuff it then add tomato sauce on top then in the oven, but last time Mary posted a photo of cannelloni that looked nicer than the ones I make. Told me she does it the other way around..I mean tomato sauce then cannellonis on top..this keeps their shape better. http://www.facebook.com/Mary’s dinner clubs Limassol
A change today also, I used chicken instead of meat cause we ate too much meat last week.
I also made a cheesy garlicky loaf, been wanting to make this recipe for so long..though it didn’t turn out exactly like the original.
Ingredients and method:
*1 pack cannelloni.
* 1 can chopped tomatoes.
* 1 spring onion or leek.
* 2 big ripe red tomatoes.
For cannelloni filling:
* 2 chopped chicken breasts.
* 1 cup spinach.
* 2-3 cups thick white sauce ( 2 big spoons butter, 2 big spoons flour, 2-3 cups milk.)
* cube of white or fetta or ricotta cheese.
* some grated parmesan.
* mozzarella or kashkaval chesse for topping.
* start by making the filling cause it must cool before you use it.
* sautee chicken pieces with some oil.add salt and pepper till golden.
* make the white sauce by adding flour to heated butter, stir well till golden then add milk slowly and whisking at the same time.take care cause it may clott , if so use electric whisker to make it creamy.
* add spinach and chicken, cheeses then season to taste.
* keep uncovered to cool.
* make the tomato sauce by frying chopped onions, adding tomatoes (2 kinds) and salt, pepper, chilli, paprika as you like.
* leave for 15-20 to cook.
* stuff cannellonis with filling with a small spoon or as I do….wear a disposable glove and stuff..much more quicker:)
* arrange over tomatoes then put them covered in a medium heated oven 45-50 minutes.
* note: I actually added a bit of water on top during baking cause I felt pasta is drying.
* sprinkle with cheese and roast till it melts.
Cheesy garlic bread:
Saw this recipe on fb, thought it’ll go well with cannelloni.
You’ll need :
* a whole loaf
* various kinds of cheeses.
* garlic powder.
* fresh coriander or parsley or oregano as you like.
* cut the loaf to rectangles only from the top.
* stuff the cheeses in holes.
* sprinkle garlic, butter and coriander.
* bake till cheese melts and ….. eat:)