Invited to another breakfast at my cousin today,very busy eventful week right?
Just this morning I decided to do this cake to take with me, my friend’s famous recipe ( Suhaila’s cake I call it) usually done with cherries but strawberries will do .
Very delicious as usual ,all gone in minutes.
Ingredients and method:
* 5 eggs separated.
* 2 coffee cups (small like espresso cups) (فنجان قهوه ) vegetable oil.
* 4 small cups sugar.
* 5 small cups flour.
* juice and zest of a lemon.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* pinch of salt.
* cherries or strawberries sliced.
* beat egg yolks,oil,2 cups of sugar,lemon zest and juice,baking powder and flour together very well, batter will be a bit thick in texture,
* beat egg whites,remaining 2 cups of sugar and vanilla very well till frothy and creamy.
* fold in batter into egg white mixture and mix well but not hard.
* pour mixture in greased oven pan,then arrange pitted cherries on top.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-15 minutes then lower heat to minimum till top is golden.
* cool then add icing sugar as decoration on top.
Enjoy and thank you dear Suhaila for this amazing cake recipe.