As promised I’m trying to make a Christmas related recipe each day to give you new ideas of main dishes and sweets to add up to your lunches or dinners.
Today I made this beautiful Nutella Christmas Tree, my son send me the photo the other night and I searched for the easiest recipe, really yummy and not complicated as it looks.
Ingredients and method:
* 3 cups flour.
* 1/3 cup sugar.
* 1 cup warm milk.
* 2 teaspoons instant yeast.
* 1 tablespoon butter.
* 2 eggs.
* 1 cup Nutella.
* some crunch or sesame seeds for decoration.
* Mix dry ingredients well then add egg yolks,milk and butter and knead well for 10 minutes.
* leave covered for one hour in a warm place to rise.
* cut dough to 4 pieces.
* roll each piece into a thin triangle .
* top first layer with a very thin layer of warmed Nutella in a tree shape.
* add second layer on top of it and repeat process.
* add fourth layer on top but without Nutella then cut dough to a tree shape as shown in photos.
* make linear cuts to make branches then twist each one .
* add some milk to egg whites and whisk well together then brush on top of tree.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes till all golden.
* mix a bit of icing sugar with milk and brush sides so as decorations stick well.
* decorate sides with anything you like, sesame,coconut,almonds, crunch …etc.
Oh forgot to mention that lunch is light today, chicken breasts with soy sauce,garlic,coriander and onions with any vegetable you like, I added broccoli today.
Tree looks and tastes AWESOME, a must try this season !
healthy light lunch.