Pouring rain today,hope nobody got stuck in traffic or got soaked wet like me,it was sunny when I left home I swear ! anyway thank God for car’s heater , but roads were really awful and I just heard many people were hurt or stuck in floods ,wish you all be safe and warm .
A dear friend told me last week she do this appetizer with olives,since new ones are about to be ready I pitted all last year’s green olives mixed them with grated carrots,crushed walnuts,hot and sweet peppers,lemon slices and some chili then put all in glass jars and added olive oil to the rim. Great appetizer in cold wintry days like today.
Lunch today was chicken curry also a good choice in cold weather and my son insisted to do some Tacos for himself cause he doesn’t like curry a lot .
I also made Anise Cake to have with mint tea now .
Woke up early today,a day can be very long and one can do many things when starting early that’s for sure.
So cause I have lots of time before cooking lunch I made anise cake. Very easy and healthy as breakfast with coffee if anyone is in a hurry to go out. It resembles the anise sticks you buy from bakeries but of course doesn’t compete with homemade baked ones.
* 4 eggs.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 1/2 cup olive oil.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 2 big spoons anise powder.
* 2 big spoons anise seeds.
* sesame seeds
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 cups flour.
* mix eggs, vanilla, sugar with electric mixer till fluffy. Add rest of ingredients.
* sprinkle bottom of pan with sesame seeds, add the cake mixture and bake in medium oven for 30 minutes or dry in center.
* when cooled cut to slices and roast again till golden from both sides.( مثل شكل القرشله)
* leave to cool completely then keep in well closed jar or tin.