No cooking today, still have cauliflower,plus nobody is coming at lunch time, so it’s sweets day
My neighbor’s ( which is my husband’s auntie at the same time) birthday is today,we’re going for coffee to celebrate with her so thought I’ll bake a cake.I also made some cookies and Tabouleh, might make the gathering at my house better than taking all this food with me,plus it’s a chance to pamper our sweet Auntie Um Rasheed <3
A friend of my niece asked me a while ago for this cake’s recipe and I promised her to make it soon, so today is a good chance,cause I want to make a kind of birthday cake, this will do just great.
This recipe is very old,I remember when I first learned it I used to make it every weekend, it was such a trend that time , a sweet auntie of mine used to call it the glass cake
Ingredients and method:
* 5 eggs.
* 1 big spoon Nescafe dissolved in 1/2 cup of water.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 1 cup vegetable oil.
* 4 tsp baking powder.
* 2 cups flour.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar and 3/4 cup almonds for the croquant.
* whipping cream.
* extra Nescafe in water for the cake when done.
* beat eggs with sugar till creamy then add vanilla,oil,Nescafe,baking powder and flour alternatively.
* bake in a medium heated oven in two small baking tins for 30-35 minutes or till dry from inside.
* when cooled, place one layer in serving plate then add some Nescafe on it.
* cover with cream and croquant then add other layer and repeat.
* decorate cake with anything you have .
* heat sugar and almonds till it caramelize.
* pour in a well greased pan till cold and stiff.
* crush or use food processor to make fine crumbles. ( it actually resembles glass )
* leave in fridge to settle before serving.