Kids cheered when they knew I’m making cabbage today,favorite dish for all in my house,though making it is a long process sometimes specially if all done the same day like this morning, I usually boil and cut them a day ahead and stuff the next day,but yesterday was a full day already,had no strength to do them in the afternoon.
First time trial this time I put one of the cabbages in the freezer last night,upon an advice from my cousin living in Rome,took it out today and it’s true leaves peeled so easily and were ready to stuff no need to boil, but nevertheless I put them for seconds in the hot water to kill any germs ( Rome cabbages are clean and round like a ball not like ours!) ,thank you dear for the tip really helpful.
Since I’m home not going anywhere I did this new ma3moul recipe my aunt posted before Eid,been intending to try it for a while, though I was afraid dough will be too sweet cause one basic ingredient in it is sweetened condensed milk,but result was AWESOME, really easy to handle and very tasty, highly recommended.
Ingredients and method:
* 5 cups flour.
* 400 gm butter.
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
* 3/4 can sweetened condensed milk.
* 1/4 cup water.
* dates,walnuts or pistachios for filling .( added cinnamon,icing sugar and rose water to walnuts and cinnamon,anise and cardamon for dates)
* mix all ingredients well till you form a dough.
* start working directly by making small balls and stuffing them, use a mold or decorate them as you wish.
* bake in well heated oven at first then lower the heat when you start till golden.
I added anise seeds to the extra dough and sliced it as Biscotti really yummy also, thanks 3amto for the recipe,love you <3
By the way stuffed cabbage is the most seen post from all my 300 till now !!!!!!!