Last night my dear cousin Samar posted this dish she made for dinner,kindly she also posted the recipe which is perfect to do today with the lasagna leftovers, I needed something light and small and this was just it.
Remember I did meat shawerma before,you can use same spices and marinate for chicken also.
Ingredients and method:
* shredded chicken breasts.
* salt,pepper,all spice,pinch of cinnamon,cardamon,cloves.
* small tsp balsamic or white vinegar.
* sliced onions with summaq.
* chopped tomato.
* tahini sauce ( yogurt,tahini,lemon and salt mixed together)
* chopped parsley to garnish.
* fried or toasted pitta bread.
* saute chicken till almost done.
* add tomatoes and onions,cook all together till most water evaporates.
* line a deep dish with toasted pittas then add chicken mixture just before serving.
* add tahini sauce and parsley.
Thank you dear cousin for this recipe,a new addition to my cookbook “Samar’s Fatteh” great for Ramadan also.