I bought fresh green fava beans yesterday, intended to cook them with yoghurt and steaks but the kids strongly objected. I guess most kids don’t like fava beans..I actually didn’t like them when I was young but now they’re my favorite in all forms and recipies..I guess will keep them for one day when kids are out, a Thursday or Friday maybe.
Well I made steaks with mushroom and sauce and mashed potatoes on the side and a salad.
Ingredients and method:
* Veal steaks.
* 1 can or fresh mushrooms.
* sliced onions.
* 2-3 cloves garlic.
* sliced peppers.
* salt, pepper, all spice.
* 1 big spoon cornflour.
* 1 small spoon of ketchup, HP or BBQ sauce.
* 1 cube maggi or half a packet of mushroom soup ( the powder I mean).
* 1 spoon oil and small spoon butter.
* Heat oil and butter, add the steaks and keep turning them till all water is dry and steaks partially cooked.
* Add the onions and garlic, cover and leave on low heat till a bit tender.
* Add the peppers and mushrooms.
* mix spices, sauces, maggi and cornflour with 2 cups water and pour them over steak .
* leave to simmer on low heat for 1 hour or till steaks are done.
* serve with mashed potatoes done by boiling potatoes till soft then mixing it with some butter , milk, salt and pepper in food processor.
* I made a simple salad and added 4 slices of the roasted peppers from the other day…yummy:)