Sunny warm Friday, we even had our morning coffee outside.
ingredients and method of shakshuka:
* 1 large thinly sliced onion.
* 4 cloves of garlic ( used my new mortar to crush them)
* 1 can or 5 big diced tomatoes.
* some fresh sausages (optional).
* chili powder,salt and pepper.
* some chopped parsley (optional)
* 4-5 eggs.
* olive oil.
* saute onions and garlic in hot olive oil till tender.
* chop sausages and add them.
* add the tomatoes,salt,pepper and chili then leave to simmer till done.
* crack the eggs on top and cover .
* leave over low heat till eggs are done the way you like them.
Zalabya was awesome as well,though takes time while frying but worth it.
ingredients and method of zalabya or fried arabic crepes:
*5 cups flour ( I mixed 3 white and 2 whole wheat)
* 1 tablespoon aniseed powder.
* 1 tablespoon fennel powder.
* 2-3 tablespoons sesame seeds.
* 2-3 tablespoons black seeds.
* 1 tablespoon instant yeast dissolved with some sugar and lukewarm water.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* enough water to knead the dough.
* Mix all ingredients and knead well till you get a kind of soft dough.
* leave to rest and rise then form equal small balls and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes.
* heat oil very well then spread each ball to a thin round flat bread .
* remove carefully and fry till golden.
* sprinkle with icing sugar or honey before serving.