Roast beef is for lunch today, usually accompanied with baked potatoes and veggies,which were all done in a different way I saw last night on my favorite source of new recipes Pinterest.
First I’ll start with the beef,sealed in hot oil butter mixture at first in a deep pan then I added some onions and garlic and gradually started adding boiled water and left it to simmer for 3 hours. Removed the beef to rest,added some flour to the sauce to make a gravy, so tender and yummy.
As for the potatoes here are the ingredients and method :
* 2 cups salt.
* medium sized potatoes.
* one whole head of garlic.
* some rosemary leaves.
* 1 tablespoon butter.
* drizzle of olive oil.
* in a deep thick oven pan spread the salt evenly.
* place the potatoes, rosemary and garlic after cutting the hard top.
* cover tightly and bake for 40-50 minutes.
* remove garlic to cool.
* drizzle olive oil on top of potatoes and back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
* meanwhile remove soft garlic pulp and add butter to it, I added a bit of yogurt as well to make a bit sour.
* cut potatoes and add garlic spread in it.
Serve with any roast or chicken.
As for the mushrooms, cut them to big pieces then add butter, oil, garlic, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper and bake them till tender. Add chopped parsley when done.