Just came back from Irbid,we were invited to a lovely lunch at my husband’s cousin. Food was incredibly delicious, have to admit I ate too much, but couldn’t resist
Early morning I made apple cake to take with me,my cook book says Rubi’s apple cake ( recipe from my dear friend Ruba <3), very simple,juicy and easy.
Ingredients and method:
*2 big peeled sliced apples.
*1/2 cup brown sugar.
* raisins or cranberries.
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
* 3 eggs.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 3/4 cup oil.
* 1 cup milk.
* lemon zest.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 3 tsp baking powder.
* 2 cups flour.
* spread brown sugar ( you may add a bit of butter if you like ) ,apples,raisins and cinnamon in a cake mold or high baking pan.
* beat eggs,vanilla,sugar till creamy then add oil,milk and zest.
* add flour and baking powder beat for 5-10 minutes.
* pour batter over apples then bake in a medium heated oven for 35-40 minutes or till dry from inside.
* turn upside down when cooled.