As I mentioned earlier I also made some cookies and packed a bit as a gift, I think this is a very loving giveaway or gift, I mean when you cook or bake something for someone you love or care about, you can feel that in the taste or look, is this true or do I imagine this??
Rock cookies are very popular,In Irbid you can find them in every house you visit in Eid time, I have this recipe from my auntie who’s very famous in doing them, but I modified a bit by using brown sugar instead of white and added dried cranberries.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 eggs.
* 1 cup sugar or 3/4 brown sugar.
* 3 big spoons butter.
* 1 cup mixed nuts ( walnuts,almonds,pistachios,hazelnuts)
* 1/2 cup raisins.
* 1 tsp cinnamon,pinch of cloves,cardamom and nutmeg.
* vanilla,1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
* 2 cups flour.
* mix eggs,sugar and butter till creamy.
* toast nuts in the oven for 10 minutes then crush them.
* add nuts and raisins to flour,baking powder and salt then add egg mixture.
* mix very well with wooden spoon till you have a not too soft nor tough dough.
* make spoonfuls of the dough on a baking pan,size of a small ball.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 minutes or till edges are golden.
* store in a well sealed jar or tin.