I prepared the strawberry sauce and started to cook lunch. Today I made rice with peas, carrots, chicken mixed with rice. Didn’t cook this since a while, though my husband doesn’t like it but I still have some leftovers to manage this problem.
Ingredients and method:
* chicken or meat cubes.
* 1 pack frozen peas and carrots or fresh if available.
* 1 small onion.
* 1 cube maggi or chicken broth.
* 2 cups rice.
* salt, pepper, all spice, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and pinch of nutmeg. ( according to taste or enough to make rice brownish).
*ghee or vegetable oil.
* heat ghee then saute seasoned chicken till tender and golden.
* add chopped onion.
* add peas and carrots and cover all till veggies almost done.
* add maggi cube.
* wash rice and season it .
* add over veggies and chicken.
* add water till above rice by 1 inch.
* cook over high heat till all water almost absorbed, then lower heat to minimum and leave till rice is done.
Note:you can add a bit more water if rice stays hard.
* serve with salad or yoghurt.