Today’s dish is French , it means tossed vegetables. We usually do make a similar one but with big lamb meat pieces, late grandmas used to cook it, called (طباخ روحو ) which means “it cooked itself” cause just like Ratatouille vegetables are left on very low heat to simmer and become a well done stew.
Well today kids don’t want anything with meat or chicken, so I made ratatouille plus a big bowl of pasta with yoghurt and some French fries.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 large eggplant cut to cubes.
* 1 chopped onion.
* 2-3 chopped cloves of garlic.
* 1 chopped sweet pepper.
* 2 large chopped tomatoes.
* 1 chilli pepper or chilli powder.
*saute onions and garlic in oil then add chilli.
* add courgettes then peppers.
* fry eggplants till golden, leave on paper towel till dry then add over mixture
*season with salt and pepper.
*leave to simmer till all homogeneous and little liquid remains.
*Pasta with yoghurt:
* 1 pack penne pasta.
* 1 yoghurt can .
* 1 spoon dried mints.
* mix yoghurt with crushed garlic, mint, salt.
* cook pasta then saute with some butter or oil.
* just minutes before you serve mix together and heat a bit.
* decorate with pine nuts or almonds.