As always I like to try a new recipe,it’s becoming like a weekly challenge for me. Today’s trial was an interesting cookie one from the Persian cuisine.
Ingredients can give you a hint that it’s delicious, all nutty and aromatic but next time I’ll make them a bit smaller cause they spread well when baked.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts.
* 3/4 cup sugar.
* 3 egg yolks.
* 1 tablespoon rose water.
* 1 tsp cardamom.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1 tsp baking powder.
* pinch of salt.
* 1 extra egg yolk plus one tablespoon water.
* extra whole walnuts for garnish.
* Beat eggs, vanilla, cardamom, sugar well.
* add walnuts,rose water, baking powder and salt.
* dough will be sticky so use two spoons to scoop small amount on baking tray layered with wax paper.
* put a walnut on each cookie then brush with egg water mixture ( I think I’ll skip this next time maybe)
* bake in a medium heated oven (180 c) for 15-20 minutes only or till edges are brownish.
Note: cookies will be soft when hot but don’t worry they’ll harden later on.
Store in a closed jar later, they great with coffee or tea,rich in flavor and extremely delicious.