Today is the first day of school after winter break, back to order and routine at last.
Lunch must be ready on time, well today I had to go out so needed to cook something quick and easy to heat when kids come home.
Noodles with chicken and vegetables is a great option. I will cook it and boil noodles when we arrive home.
* 2 shredded chicken breasts marinated in ketchup, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger one big spoon of cornstarch and sugar.
* shredded vegetables. Today I have carrots, mushrooms, mixed colored sweet peppers, courgette, and green onions.
* ketchup, soy sauce, ginger.
* 1 pack noodles , spaghetti or rice noodles.
*sesame oil or vegetable oil.
*Heat the oil till hot, add chicken stir well till crispy and a sticky sauce is formed around it.
* Add the vegetables sprinkle with a spoonful of ketchup, soy sauce and ginger.mix well.
* leave to simmer till veggies are a bit tender.
* boil the noodles in salted water. Drain then also add ketchup, soy sauce, ginger and a little salt.
* Mix noodles with chicken and veggies before serving.
Salad today is tabbouleh but done with fresh spinach leaves instead of parsley.
*You wash and chop
* Finley chop a small onion add to it,lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil.
* chopped tomato.
* a small cup fine burghul soaked in lemon juice and hot water till soft.
* mix all together before you eat..add lemon, salt, oil as preferable.