Had this recipe in my book since Ramadan,a friend of mine made it and I took it right away in order to make it then but I didn’t have any chance,so today when the milkman came it crossed my mind and I bought some fresh milk and did it at last.
Very easy cooling recipe and the caramel adds a lot to the taste for sure.
Ingredients and method:
Note :this quantity yields 12 small jars or pots.
* 6 cups milk.
* 6 big tablespoons starch.
* 1 tsp mistaka finely crushed with 1/4 cup sugar so as not to stick to the grinder.
* 1 tsp rose water (optional)
* more sugar also optional cause the caramel sauce is sweet.
* leave one or two cups of milk aside and mix starch in them very well.
* add to other quantity,mix all very well then boil till it thickens.
* add mistaka and sugar and the rose water.
* pour in one big bowl or small glass bowls or jars.
* cool in the fridge for at 2-3 hours .
* 1/2 cup sugar melted till caramelized and golden.
* 1/2 cup water added very carefully to the browned sugar.
* stir very well and leave to simmer a bit till it’s thick.
* Before serving flip the muhalabieh in a slightly deep dish then garnish with crushed pistachios and drizzle with the caramel sauce.