As I said yesterday today’s lunch will be special to compensate for the lousy one, have this recipe ripped off from some magazine long time ago, really rich and juicy and of course it’ll be much tastier if you cook it in the tajin dish or pot Moroccans usually use.
Ingredients and method:
* chicken pieces with bones.
* 1 big chopped onion.
* 4-5 cloves garlic.
* 1 lemon peeled and slices.
* 1 tsp fresh ginger.
* pinch of saffron (زعفران)
* 1 cup green olives pitted.
* 1 tsp dried thyme.
* salt pepper and olive oil.
* Marinate chicken in salt,pepper,onions,garlic,thyme,saffron and ginger for 1 hour.
* heat the pan then add some olive oil, then add chicken pieces without marinate and saute till golden on all sides.
* add all marinade and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
* add lemon slices and olives,some more slat and pepper if you like.
* add 1 cup water and leave on very low heat till done or you can put it in the oven if you wish.
* serve with rice or pitta bread .
Really yummy try it!