Here’s the recipe of the other kind I made,molasses and ginger, taste is terrific by the way both sweet and sharp . I may add more ginger next time to sharpen the flavor.
Ingredients and method:
*3/4 cup butter.
*3/4 cup brown sugar.
* 1/4 cup molasses.
- 1 tsp ground ginger.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
* 2 tsp baking powder
*2 1/4 cups flour.
*granulated or raw sugar for coating.
- beat butter,sugar well till creamy.
- add egg and vanilla.
- add all other ingredients consequently.
- cool for 2-3 hours.
- roll into balls then coat with sugar
- flatten them a bit with your fingers
- bake in a medium heated oven (180 c) for 10-13 minutes only.
- cool and store in a cookie jar.