Another batch of chocolate crinkles today for a friend of mine, crossed my mind last night to try other kinds, a chance to let people try them and give me feedback for future plans.
Found many recipes in various sites but this one plus the molasses ginger ones caught my attention, lime coconut crinkles are so lemony and full of flavor much better than lemon ones I did before, those were good but guess needed more flour , a stupid mistake then !
Ingredients and method of lime coconut crinkles:
- 6 tablespoons butter.
- zest and juice of 1 lime .
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 2 cups flour.
- caster sugar for coating.
- Beat sugar,zest of lime and butter well till creamy.
- add egg,vanilla,lime juice,coconut flakes.
- add flour and baking powder.
- cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
- form into small balls then coat with caster sugar.
- line up cookies on wax paper then flatten them a bit with your fingers.
- bake in a medium heated oven (180 C) for 10-13 minutes only.
- leave to cool then keep them in a closed jar so as not to dry.