Today we have a big lunch with lots of dishes on the menu on the occasion of my sister in law’s visit to Amman. My mother in law is cooking her favorite dishes all this week long ♡♥.
As for me I made spicy potatoes as a side dish and a kind of sweet.
Took this recipe from our Iraqi relatives. We ate it many times in lunch and dinner parties specially at Basma’s, very easy and tasty. It’s a very popular traditional dish done at home usually in small flat dishes or a big one.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 cups powdered milk.
* 2 big spoons starch.
* 2 big spoons flour.
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 4 cups water.
* 1 tsp rose water.
* almonds or pistachios for garnish.
* Mix milk with starch, flour and oil.
* roast in a pan with continous stirring till golden.
* add sugar then water and mix very well till no lumps exist.
* if lumps are too much beat with electric hand mixer a bit.
* keep on low heat till it boils and thickens, add the rose water.
* spread in a wide serving plate and garnish when cooled.
Will post lunch later don’t worry.