A crime in our kitchen, cookie jar has been empty for more than a week. So it’s time to bake some to fill it.
Made ginger for me and chocolate for the kids. Same ingredients but diffrent flavors.
* 1 egg.
* 1 cup white sugar or 3/4 brown sugar.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1 cup oatmeal.
* 1 small spoon baking powder.
* 1 spoon vanilla.
* 1 spoon ginger powder.
* 1/4 spoon fresh grated ginger.
* pinch of salt
* 1 1/2 cups flour.
For the chocolate flavor:
* substitute ginger with cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
* mix all ingredients alternatively. Add a bit extra flour if dough is too soft.
* form the dough to a cylinder or log shape with the help of wax paper.
* keep in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
* with a sharp knife cut to slices then place circles on a non greased oven or cookie tray.
* bake for 10-15 minutes or till sides are golden.
* I sprinkled ginger cookies with sugar and caramelized it with a torch. ( optional).
* cool then store in well closed jar or tin.