Went out last night to celebrate multi birthdays, as usual my share was to bake the cake,it’s becoming a lovely trend cause I really feel content and happy baking it specifically for my dear lovely friends.
This time I ventured baking a new cake for many reasons first of all cause figs are in season plus I like to try new recipes and my friends would be the perfect critics for its success or failure. Thank God it was a big hit both in taste and look.
You can tell it would be delicious cause of the rich flavored ingredients all combined gave mesmerizing taste.Nobody denies that figs, coffee and hazelnuts aren’t delicious.
Ingredients and method :
* 4 big dried figs.
* 3/4 cup strong coffee (I used Nescafe or you can use espresso)
* 3/4 cup roasted and crushed hazelnuts.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 1/2 cup yogurt.
* 1 tsp pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of all spice)
* 3/4 cup brown sugar.
* 4 large eggs.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 tsp baking powder
* pinch of salt.
* 2 cups flour.
For the cream :
* 2 packs cream cheese.
* 2 envelopes Dream whip.
* 1 pack cream.
* 1/2 cup of milk.
For garnish :
* 6-8 fresh figs.
* caramel sauce.
* coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts.
* add finely chopped hazelnuts and mash all together till you get a paste.
* meanwhile beat sugar, butter and oil well.
* add yogurt then eggs and vanilla.
* add flour, baking powder and.
* fold in fig coffee paste and mix well.
* bake either in a rectangular mold or round as preferred,in a medium heated oven for 25-30 minutes or till cake is dry from inside.
Note: I devided batter to three and baked each portion alone in a rectangular shape.
Meanwhile beat frosting ingredients well and cool in the fridge.
When cakes are done fold each layer in cling film then cool in fridge overnight or for several hours,this will keep cake moist and easy to handle while adding frosting.
Assemble cake layers and cream then decorate with fresh figs, caramel sauce and roasted hazelnuts.
Result is a super elegant delicious cake specially with coffee