Seems winter is coming back!!!
Woke up this morning to thunder and rain,though weather is very hot, typical Amman Spring .
Today’s dish is Syrian,we used to order it from the famous Syrian restaurant Jabri when having guests for dinner or or lunch,a specialty of his then I saw a Syrian chef doing it on T.V turned out to be an easy thing to do after all, and started doing it at home ever since.
Ingredients and method:
* 5-6 pieces of beef or lamp steaks .
* 1 big thinly sliced onion.
* 1 kg green fava beans.
* 1 kg Ewe yogurt (لبن نعاج).
* 3 big spoons cornflower.
* salt ,pepper,all spice.
* some cream or milk (optional).
* boil beans in salted water till tender.
* mix yogurt with cornstarch and 4 cups water with hand mixer very well,add salt and pepper then leave to boil and thicken,stir constantly.
* season beef then saute till brownish on both sides.
* add onions, cover and leave to simmer on low heat.
* remove water from beans and add them over meat .
* when yogurt is thick pour over meat and beans,add more spices if you like then leave to simmer all together on very low heat or in the oven for 1 hour.
* you can add cream or milk at the end.
* serve with white rice or alone.
Though kids don’t like it too much but I do think this is a very tasty dish, one of my favorites 😉