Till late this morning I had absolutely no idea what to cook, I still have some pasta so I needed something with it.
Then,after lots of thinking, decided to do this light fatteh which I learned from my dear friend Reham, people usually make it when they have fava beans with rice leftovers,but you can do it from scratch,very delicious specially if you’re a fava bean fan as I’m.
All Fatteh recipes have basic ingredients,fried or toasted bread, tahini sauce,nuts and minced meat on top. Fillings in the middle are various like hummus,eggplants,fava beans…etc.
* Ingredients and method:
* fava beans boiled till tender then cooked with a little amount of rice ( 1/2 kg needs 1/2 cup of rice), I added maggi cube,pepper,all spice,cinnamon and a bit of cardamon when boiling the beans.
* fried or toasted pitta bread.
* cooked minced meat.
* crushed roasted garlic.
* roasted almonds or pine nuts.
* fresh coriander leaves.
* tahini sauce ( tahini with yogurt and lemon juice) .
* put pitta bread in a bowl or wide serving dish then add a layer of beans and rice.
Note: if you have some chicken stock you can a bit on the pittas to soften but it’s an option.
* add tahini sauce on top then garnish with meat,nuts,garlic and chopped coriander.
I usually make it in one big Pyrex or bowl but today we were only two at lunch time so I made 2 small bowls for each so as bread won’t become soggy for late comers.
Very healthy light option,will be good to do in Ramadan,right?