No meat or chicken today, dinner was green fava beans in olive oil with garlic and coriander and eggplant fatteh without the meat on top.
Soup was Carrot and salad was Ceazer.
http://banancooking.com/colorful-healthy-veggies/ link for fava beans recipe.
Eggplant Fatteh ( فته مقدوس)
* 3-4 cubed fried eggplants.
* finely chopped onion.
* roasted or fried squared pitta bread.
* tahini sauce ( tahini,lemon,salt,yoghurt,garlic)
* tomato paste.
* chopped parsley.
* cooked spiced minced meat.
* toasted almonds and pine nuts.
* salt,pepper,all spice and cinnamon for seasoning.
* saute onions till tender then add fried eggplants.
* add all seasoning,tomato paste and enough water to cover all then leave to simmer till sauce is thick and eggplants tender.
* layer pitta bread in Pyrex or serving dish,add eggplant with sauce on top.
* add tahini sauce then garnish with parsley,meat and nuts.
Note: this dish must be assembled right before you serve so as pittas stay crisp otherwise they’ll be so soggy.
As for the soup…you’ll need one small onion.4-5 carrots. 1 cube chicken stock.butter. one big spoon oatmeal.cream or milk and 4 cups water.
Sautee the onions and carrots till tender.add the chicken stock cube.oatmeal and water.salt.pepper and a bit of cinnamon.
Let it simmer for 45 minutes on low heat till carrots are soft.
Mix all with a mixer or blender..add the cream..then let it boil for another 10-15 minutes…..and serve hot with toasted croutons if you like