Since I have a loads of eggplants,tomatoes and peppers my husband got from the farm,had to make something with them right?
I learned this dish from my sister in-law,it’s an Iraqi recipe resembles a lot moussaka but using special kind of flat kibbeh with eggplants and tomatoes instead of usual minced meat,really good and tasty.(كبه تبسي ) the name of the dish is تبسي باذنجان.
Ingredients and method:
* flat meat stuffed kibbeh ( the ones I found today were small usually they use bigger wider ones) you can find it in most store called ( كبه تبسي)
* fried or roasted eggplant slices.
* peeled sliced tomatoes.
* sliced sweet peppers.
* sliced onions.
* chopped parsley for decoration.
* tomato and pomegranate sauce (دبس رمان)
* salt,pepper and all spices.
* boil kibbeh if not cooked before freezing in a some water till it softens a bit.
* add eggplants on top .
* add tomatoes,peppers and onions.
* dissolve 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and a tsp of pomegranate sauce in 2 cups water then pour them over layers.
* season with salt and pepper.
* leave to simmer or in the oven till all done ( approximately 1 hour).
* serve alone
with rice or pitta bread.