My mother in-law’s lovely old friends were gathered today upstairs,such a lively group of ladies chatting and laughing at old stories and memories.
We ordered some pastries, made spinach tabouleh and got out some Rock Cookies from the freezer,my sister in law made chocolate cake.
Remember the cardamom cookies in made long time ago? Well did some today but added 1/2 tsp baking powder this time and it did make a difference, I’ll write down the recipe again better.
Ingredients and method:
*2 cups flour.
* 4 teaspoons cardamom powder.
* 1/4 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp baking powder.
* 1/2 cup grounded almonds.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* 3/4 cup melted butter.
For the coating:
* 1 cup confectionary sugar (سكر ناعم ).
* 2 teaspoons powdered cardamom.
* mix flour, cardamom powder, sugar, grounded almonds and salt together. * add butter and mix with your hands till you have a frim dough. You can add a bit of cold water for easy handing.
* form dough into small balls.
* coat with powdered sugar-cardamom mixture. * press balls with a small cup to flatten a bit.
* decorate with almonds.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 10-13 minutes. Till bottom slightly golden then toast surface for 5 minutes.
* store in a well closed jar.
Perfect with black coffee, please try them, they’re really good ♡♥.