My hubby’s friends are coming over tonight,I had no idea of what to do till I came back from a visit to my uncle’s house at noon, guess once you enter the kitchen ideas will flow.
Result was some cheese and chicken pastries,fruit salad and a beautiful cake that I found in Jammie Oliver’s website,it’s a typical British cake served usually at tea time.I used my new cake slicer to make 4 layers of it then stuffed each layer with strawberry jam, cream and coconut.
Lunch was lasagna and a dish of labaneh with hedge mustard ( حويرنه)
Ingredients and method:
* 1 1/2 cups butter.
* 1 1/2 cups sugar.
* 4 eggs.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 1/4 cup milk.
* 1 1/2 cups flour.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* Strawberry jam.
* whipping cream ( 2 cups)
* whisk butter and sugar till creamy then add eggs,milk,vanilla.
* add flour and baking powder.
* add either whole batter in one deep baking pan or two small ones.
* bake in a medium heated oven till done and center is dry.
* cool then slice cake to four pieces.
* assemble layers by adding jam,cream then coconut between each layer.
* cover all layers with remaining cream and decorate with coconuts.
Today’s lunch ,lasagna and labaneh with mustard