Morning gathering at my friend’s house with the loveliest ladies ever ,my old school classmates, great memories and lots of catching up cause it’s been a while since we saw each other.
By the way this cake is flour-less , very convenient for people who has flour sensitivity ( Celiac desease)
Ingredients and method:
* 2 small oranges.
* 1 1/2 cups almonds.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 5 large eggs or 6 small.
* 1 tsp baking powder.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* 1/4 cup lemon juice.
* juice and shredded peel of one orange.
* 1/4 cup water.
* cover whole oranges with water and boil for 40-50 minutes or till very soft.
* in a food processor blend sugar and almonds till very fine.
* cut oranges to quarters and remove seeds then process till smooth ( whole orange peel and pulp).
* gradually add eggs while mixer running , add vanilla .
* add almonds sugar mixture and baking powder.
* pour batter in a round or any baking tin then bake in a moderately slow heated oven for 1 hour or till cake is firm.
* combine syrup ingredients and leave to simmer on low heat till syrupy.
* when cake is cooled add syrup and orange peel on top.
Thank you ladies for the lovely time,always a pleasure to see you.