Though I’m much better today but couldn’t cook plus nobody coming to lunch,we actually just ate cheese , labaneh and delicious makdous, my kind of food I really consider this the best meal ever.
Nevertheless I did a beautiful Christmas fruit cake cause I already prepared all ingredients yesterday and couldn’t do it.
Of course the traditional cake contains alcohol in it, usually Rum or Brandy, done a month before the holidays and kept in a closed tin so that all flavors and liqueurs are well absorbed, but this alcohol free one is really good and suitable for children.
Ingredients and method:
* 2 eggs.
* 2/4 cup brown sugar.
* zest and juice of one orange.
* 1/2 cup butter.
* 1/2 tsp of cinnamon,1/4 clove,1/4 nutmeg.
* 1/2 cup raisins.
* 1/2 cup walnuts.
* 1/2 candied dry fruits.
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate.
* 2 cups flour.
* Beat eggs,sugar, butter,orange zest and juice well till creamy.
* Mix fry ingredients with flour well then fold in creamy batter.(mix is a bit thick )
* bake in a medium heated oven for 1 hour or till done.
* decorate with icing sugar.
Really yummy juicy and well flavored cake,do try it you’ll love it !