Back to cold and gloomy weather, plan was to plant and arrange the garden today but clouds and eastern crisp wind aren’t encouraging at all.
Lunch was chicken tikka masala, same recipe is always make, but this time I did Indian rice on the side, though one ingredient is missing ‘ mustard seeds ‘ and original recipe contains cumin seeds not powder, but result was superb, light and aromatic and goes well with the chicken.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 cups rice ( I used basmati)
* cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks.
*1 tsp salt.
* small chopped onion.
* 2 cloves garlic.
* ghee or oil.
* 1 tsp mustard seeds.
* 1 tsp cumin seeds.
* 1 tsp turmeric powder.
* 1 tsp chili flakes.
* boil washed rice with lots of water and the cardamom pods and cinnamon till it’s done.
* when done pour in sieve and wash, remove pods and sticks.
* in the same pan heat oil then sauté mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and chili till seeds start to pop.
* add onions and garlic and saute till done.
* add the rice and mix all well then leave for few minutes to heat all over.
* serve with tikka or kebabs.