Well khubeizeh alone is not enough plus kids don’t like it much..most kids not only mine. It’s one of the old fashioned meals I told you about earlier.
So I made chicken pie and rocca salad.
* shredded chicken.
* mixed vegetables, today I used carrots, peas, mushrooms, broccoli and corn.
* small onion.
* fresh cream or white sauce.
* puff pastry.
* chop onion and sautee with chicken in a bit of oil or butter till done.
* add the vegetables and leave on low heat till a bit tender.
* roll the puff pastry to rectangles and line them in a greased oven pan. Leave part of it outside to cover the pie.
* add chicken vegetable mixture.
* add the cream or white sauce.
* cover the filling, decorate as desired.
* bake in medium heated oven till golden then roast the top.
Rocca salad today is a bit diffrent, actually we ate it at a restaurant last month and it was delicious.
You need rocca leaves, fresh strawberries, fresh mushrooms. For the dressing mix :
* 1/4 spoon mustard.
* 1 small spoon balsamic vinegar.
* 1 small spoon lemon juice.
* 1 small spoon salt.
* 1/2 spoon honey.
Mix well and drizzle over salad.