Kids been telling me since last week to make fatteh for lunch. I waited for a day when I’m sure everybody is home at lunchtime cause it cannot be heated and must be eaten directly or else bread inside will be soft.
This dish is mostly served as an appetizer in restaurants or big lunches but I usually make it as a main dish,it’s rich, fulfilling and kids love it so fair air enough, no need for more .
Ingredients and method:
* 1 chicken, whole or only breasts as you wish. cooked till done with usual spices (salt, pepper, cinnamon, all spice, bay leaf, cloves, onion).
* fried bread cubes.
* rice cooked in chicken broth and spices.
* tahini sauce (tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice, salt).
* finely chopped parsley and roasted pine nuts for decorating.
* boil chicken in water and spices till done. Keep the broth.
* cook the rice as usual but use a bit of broth when making it and add spices to make it more flavored like all spice, cinnamon, cardamom according to taste.
* Assemble the fatteh by layering bread, rice, chicken pieces, sprinkle hot sieved broth so that bread is a bit tender. Then add tahini sauce.
* Garnish with parsley and pine nuts.
* You can add crushed garlic to tahini sauce if you like.