Back to school today, the sun is bright but you can feel a crisp cold breeze.
Chicken curry is suitable for this weather. This dish reminds me of the good old days when we used to gather at my best friend’s house, exactly last day of midterm exams, her lovely mom would make us chicken curry upon our request ..Sahmo’s specialty ♡♥♡♥.
We actually ask her to do it till now whenever we’re gathered at summer time.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 cubed boneless chicken.
* cubed carrots, potatoes, chopped peppers and sliced mushrooms.
* 1 chopped onion and 2 cloves garlic.
* 1 tablespoon cornflour dissolved in 1 cup of milk OR coconut milk.
* chicken broth or water with 1 cube maggi ( 5-6 cups).
* salt, pepper, all spice and 2 big spoons curry powder.
* marinate chicken in some of spices and curry for 1/2 hour.
* heat some oil and saute chicken till tender.
* add onions and garlic.
* add potatoes, carrots and peas, mix all till a bit done.
* add rest of spices.
* add peppers and mushrooms.
* add milk and cornflour.
* add broth or water, boil and simmer for 40-50 minutes.
* serve with plain white rice.