Today we have a big lunch, we’re all gathered cause my sister in law came to visit from USA.
My mother in law is making Maqloubeh with cauliflower upon her request. This is very similar to the one I made with fava beans last week.
fava beans with rice.
She’s also making mloukhieh with meat ( mloukhieh bourani) .
Ingredients and method:
* cubed lamb meat or chicken or large pieces of meat.
* one large cauliflower boiled a bit with salt and cumin.
* 2 cups rice.
* salt, pepper, all spice, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon,cumin and onion to be used when cooking the meat.
* saute meat till all excess water is gone.
* add spices and onion.
* stir well till golden.
* add enough water and boil till meat is tender either in a pressure cooker or regular pan.
* arrange meat and cauliflower in a pan.wash and add rice.
* sieve meat broth and add on rice till 1 inch above it.
* place on high heat till all water absorbed then lower it to minimum till rice is done.
* serve with salad and yoghurt. Some people make tahini sauce with it .
As for the mloukhieh you saute coarsely chopped meat with olive add salt, pepper and all spice, when done add coarse mloukhieh leaves and mix all together.leave to simmer till done then add sauteed garlic and dry coriander. Mix all then serve with lemon juice and pickles.
Enjoy everybody. ♡♥♡♥