Back to normal life routine today, went grocery shopping and kitchen started buzzing after a three day vacation.
Since it’s extremely hot and nobody wants to eat something hot or heavy after eating in restaurants past couple of days one feels so full right?
Well end result for lunch was this amazingly cool salad which consists of watermelon cubes, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and sprinkled with green onions, mints and lemon slices, I then added a drizzle of pomegranate sauce and olive oil. Really yummy.
I also made some pasta with white cheese and parsley and tacos. All very delicious.
Feels like late Autumn days today it even rained a bit.
Dinner today was leftover ablama from yesterday, I added up some string beans in olive oil, noodles soup.
I tried a small portion of two new recipes, an appetizer and a salad.
Salad is a Persian recipe, grated cucumbers in yogurt with some chickpeas, raisins, walnuts, cumin powder and mint decorated with crispy bread pieces on top.
As for the other dish it’s a potato stew or bake that I saw last night on instagram.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 large cubed potatoes.
* 1 small chopped onion.
* one minced garlic clove.
* 2 cups pasta sauce ready or homemade.
* some sliced mushrooms.
* some sweet corn.
* chili powder or Tabasco.
* salt, pepper, oregano.
* mazorella cheese.
* fry potatoes till golden.
* saute onions and garlic till tender.
* add pasta sauce,chili salt and pepper and leave to simmer till onions are done.
* in a deep oven pan line half of the potatoes then mushrooms and corn on top then another layer of potatoes.
* pour sauce over all,then sprinkle cheese on top and in the oven for 20-25 minutes.