We’re Mansaf-ing today on the honor of the bride and groom to be next week Insh’Allah.
Mansaf is not my specialty, my mother in-law’s kind of cooking, I did the dessert traditional apple pie.
Ingredients and method of apple pie:
* 1 egg.
* 1 tsp vanilla or lemon zest.
* 1/2 cup sugar.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1 3/4 cups flour ( you may need 1/4 more to make a firm dough)
* pinch of salt.
* 2 tablespoons cold water.
* 5-6 large apples peeled and cut to slices.
* 1/2 cup walnuts (optional).
* 1/4 cup raisins (optional).
* 1/4 cup brown sugar.
* 1 tsp lemon juice .
* 1 tablespoon cinnamon ( sorry forgot to add it in the photo)
* beat the egg.vanilla,sugar and butter till creamy.
* add flour and salt and knead well till you have a firm round dough ( add more flour if it’s sticky and you can’t handle it)
* leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
* spread 3/4 dough in pie pan evenly in bottom and sides.
* pinch it with a fork so as it won’t form a bubble.
* mix filling ingredients well and pour them into the pie pan.
* make shapes to decorate top of pie from remaining dough ,sprinkle surface with flour or use plastic bag for easier handling.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes or till sides and bottom are golden then toast the surface.
Tried to make the decoration like a photo I saw on instagram last night, close enough but not exactly the same,maybe next time.