This recipe always pops in front of me either on TV or online and I’ve been eager to make it cause of many reasons, first of all is that Jamie Oliver is one of my favorite chefs, love his way of cooking,you can feel how much he loves his work,very energetic and creative, second reason is I always felt this recipe is different and must be delicious cause of rich aromatic ingredients.
Ingredients and method :
* one whole chicken.
* 1 stick cinnamon.
* handful of fresh sage ( I used rosemary and oregano instead)
* zest of two lemons.
* 10 cloves garlic, skin on.
* sea salt, fresh ground pepper.
* one liter milk.
* Preheat oven to medium.
* in a deep pan that’ll fit the whole chicken heat some olive oil then season it well and fry it from all sides till golden.
* remove chicken and throw away oil left in pan.
* put it back and add all ingredients.
* cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, uncover in last half hour.
Lemon zest will split the milk making a delicious sauce with curd.
I’m not bragging or even hate to talk about myself but to be honest food was really delicious, all guests said so!
I’m 100% convinced that any dish cooked with love and willingness will taste great and this depends on your mood and to whom you’re doing it for sure.
Today we had a big festive lunch, stuffed turkey with all accompanying dishes.
Recipe from my sister which turned out very good, turkey was very moist and well done, I soaked it yesterday in brine containing salt,pepper corns, cinnamon stick, cardamom, rosemary and vinegar.
This morning I dried it very well then stuffed it with sauteed onions and bread ( whole loaf of toast without crust edges) then I added lots of butter between skin and flesh with spices and salt.
spices,butter and bread stuffing.
Wrap the turkey very well with foil paper and bake for 4 hours, begin with very high heat for the first half hour then lower it to medium or a bit less for remaining time. Remove foil last half hour so that it’ll be roasted and golden.
golden and done.
Along with it, I made potato gratin, rice with spices and meat on top, veggies, corn salad, butter sautéed red cabbage with cloves and rocca apple cranberry salad.
Roasting over a bed of salt experience is still going on,today I tried it with whole small chicken and potatoes plus garlic of course.
Excellent delicious result,crispy from outside juicy from inside وnot dry and very well roasted. Guess next time I’ll do fish or veal.
Ingredients and method :
* 2 cups salt.
* 2 small whole chicken.
* head of garlic.
* salt, pepper, all spice, chili flakes and lemon slices.
* clean and dry chicken well then season inside out.
*insert lemon slices inside and tuck thighs well with a toothpick or rubber band.
* in a deep oven pan pour salt and spread it evenly.
* put the chicken, potatoes and garlic on top.
* add rosemary or oregano if you like.
* cover well then put in a moderately heated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
* uncover and drizzle a bit of olive oil on chicken,roast till golden.
* press out tender garlic and mix with some butter and yogurt to make a sauce or dip.